Thursday, June 23, 2011

Saved By the Bell

Guess what happened today peeps??  My alarm didn't go off........Say whaaat??  It was kinda awesome, not gonna lie.  I was supposed to run another "little" 4 miler today, but due to my awesome dysfunctional alarm clock not going off, that just didn't happen.  BOOOOO!  Hahaha, just kidding...it was AWESOME!!!  Thank you sweet alarm clock for allowing me extra sleep and giving me new juju for todays run...mwa mwa mwa mwa (those are my wittle kisses to my alarm clock).

So, I am a bit nervous about my 8 miler on Saturday since I didn't fulfill my 4 miler today, but I'm fairly confident that it helped me mentally.  Being able to run a "fast" 2 miles today sorta reminded me that running can be rewarding (huh? that last line confused me too).  The last time I ran a 2 mile run it was at an almost 12min pace, so to be able to go out and run a 2miler at a 9:30pace is INCREDIBLE!! Goooooo ME!!!!  I'm still a wee bit scurred to run 8 or 9, or 10, or heck even the thought of running period makes me nervous but, whether I like it or not, I'm improving! Ca-Razy

It's just what I needed!!  I've been a bit nervous about my new found running addiction and I'm pretty sure the people closest to me feel the same way....minus the Hubs of course!  My Little Dude wants me to succeed so bad!  Every time the Hubs and I come in from a run his 1st question is ALWAYS..."Did you beat Daddy in your race, Mommy?"....um, no, but thanks for the thinking it was even possible.  Never mind that Daddy's legs come up to Mommy's belly button therefore making his stride twice as long as Mommy's.  It's an unfair advantage that you will one day understand, little person!

Oh, and tomorrow's post will be OH-SO-FUN!!  The Hubs and I went to a running store today and got fancy new shoes!!!  It's all very, very exciting!  We're growing up so fast, it just makes me proud! 

No comments: